We offer a classical Pilates program that is rooted in the traditional work of Joseph H. Pilates and embraces the ingenuity of contemporary thinking. We have developed unique courses in the areas of women’s health, prenatal Pilates and orthopedic health and offer clients an unparalleled experience. Visit the session types & pricing page to learn more about class types and packages. Our classic Pilates style within the studio is systematic, integrative, friendly and creative.
We offer bodywork sessions in various modalities. Our talented bodywork team brings over 30 years of experience in their field to our studio community. Please read our team bios to learn more about focuses of study and areas of expertise. Bodywork sessions are ideal for clients with an acute injury to assist soft tissues in healing and creating stability across the structures of the body. Bodywork sessions can be extremely effective in assisting clients post surgery, aiding the body in re-establishing healthy movement patterns; or for clients getting to the root of a nagging physical complaint or issue.
The GYROKINESIS® Method is a complementary system to the Pilates Method. GYROKINESIS® is the non-apparatus work within the GYROTONIC® system.
Whether you are an athlete or someone who doesn’t exercise often but simply wants to move better, you can find success with the GYROKINESIS® Method, which works to create balance in the body through increased strength and flexibility, without compression or strain. Read more about it here.
SESSIONS, CLASSES + PRICING
We offer multiple options to support your commitment to regular practice.
The Introductory Packages are for new clients only. If you are new to Pilates or GYROKINESIS® they are mandatory beginner work. If you are familiar with the basic tenets of these practices, you may wish to take an Intro Sampler Pack or sign up directly for an Open Level Class.
Five (5) private 50-minute sessions. One-on-one with one of our experienced teachers to learn the basics and traditional routines in Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Methods. In these sessions, you will feel at ease discussing your concerns while the teacher offers hands-on instruction. If you are new to either method, taking the Introductory Private 5-sessions package is highly recommended.
Expires one month from date of first session.
Five (5) sessions of 50 minutes in length for 2 people. This package is perfect for couples, or friends who can easily coordinate their schedules to learn the art of exercise together.
$150 / per person
*Sessions must be booked together for this package.
Expires one month from date of first session.
In this program, you purchase 4 sessions. Two (2) private Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Methods sessions one-on-one with a teacher + 1 Group Mat Class + 1 Group Equipment Class. This introductory sampler is great for someone who has taken Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Methods before, may be new to the center or wants a refresher on Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Methods
Expires one month from date of first session.
“I was new to Pilates when I timidly started with a mat class at the Pilates Center of Pittsburgh more out of curiosity to discover what Pilates was about. That was about 4 years ago and I have not missed a week since I began training with Lesley. Since I was an avid bicyclist, walker, yogi, and part time weight lifter, it took me quite some time to figure Pilates out. Lesley understood it would take some time for me to catch on and become a fan. Her patience and support made it possible. I appreciate all of the teachers at the studio. I am no longer in constant pain from my lower back, I hold myself different, and I am stronger and more flexible. Thank you Pilates Center of Pittsburgh.”
– BJ Hirschfield Louik | Testimonial
Private instruction is a great way to learn the proper technique and accelerate progression. In a private lesson, your Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Method teacher will lead you through workouts which include mat and using various types of equipment.
Private Sessions are recommended for beginners, prior to group training or for students with specific body and health concerns. An appointment is necessary to schedule private appointments and can easily be booked through MindBody on our site.
Senior Level Teacher Single Session Private – $70
Junior Level Teacher Single Session Private – $60
Senior Level Teacher Private 10-Pack – $650
Junior Level Teacher Private 10-Pack – $550
SEMI PRIVATE CLASSES
Semi-privates are teacher-led practice tailored to the group’s level and goals, covering the full Pilates or the GYROKINESIS® Method exercises. A semi-private is recommended when you wish to continue the progress achieved in private sessions or introductory packages.
Duet: 2 People Per Session
Senior Level Teacher $45 per person
Junior Level Teacher $40 per person
Semi-Private: 3-4 People Per Session
Senior Level Teacher $35 per person
Junior Level Teacher $32 per person
All of our Open Level Mat classes are taught with themes. They are open to drop-in and book throughout each week. On rare occasions, a Mat class may be canceled due to low enrollment or scheduling changes and you will be notified immediately.
Mat classes are Open Level unless listed otherwise.
Single Mat Class Drop In – $20
10 Pack of Mat Classes (save $50) – $150
20 Pack of Mat Classes (save $175) – $225
Equipment classes use the Pilates apparatus starting with mat work to create a well-rounded fitness session. These are Open Level but students must have completed the Introductory series or have approval from the teacher as they do use various apparatus.
Single Equipment Class Drop In – $30
FLEX Pack- $400
The Flex pack is for students who are making a regular commitment to Pilates practice. The $400 Flex Pack becomes a bank in your name and can book Privates, Semi-Privates or Open Level classes at a 10% discount for any session within 6 months of booking your first class in the Pack. This does not include already discounted class packs, Bodywork, myofascial sessions nor certain Workshops.
<em>Expires six months after purchase.</em>
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly. To keep the channel open.”
– MARTHA GRAHAM
- All clients must have current health history, contact information and liability information on file with the studio.
- Our sessions operate on a pre-paid system. In order to keep accounting processes timely, we require clients to maintain current payment information in their profile. At the end of the month any sessions owed will automatically be run through on the stored payment information unless other arrangements are made (check or cash) between the client and the studio. This does not apply to future scheduled sessions, only past. The studio will give written notice prior to any of these transactions to the client’s email on file in MindBody.
- All account information is available 24/7 through the online scheduler, MindBody.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, and Master Card for our services.
- We offer an auto pay option as a simple way to keep packages current. Auto pay renewals earn $25 in free services per transaction made. For questions, direct them to Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $30 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- All group, private, and semiprivate class cards/packages have expiration dates. Client accepts responsibility to know when the cards/packages expire.
- There are no refunds for expired or unused classes.
- In the rare case of an emergency, session packages may be frozen to be completed at a later date. A request must be supplied in writing to the studio and is at the owner’s discretion.
- An Early Cancel is a cancellation made prior to the 24 hours before the class/session time. This can be done by logging into your account via the web scheduler or contacting the studio by phone/email.
- A Late Cancel is a cancellation made less than 24 hours before the class/appointment time. Clients are charged for late cancels unless by teacher’s discretion an alternative is agreed upon.
- Clients are not charged for cancellations due to sickness or injury. If a health issue or concern arises that interrupts your schedule, please speak to the studio owner/manager.
- Our studio is set up for accountability. For regular class and session times, a commitment must be made by the studio, teacher and the client. The studio reserves the right to alter the schedule when the commitment waivers on either end.
- Semiprivate rates are charged appropriately to the head count of the session. The session is confirmed 24 hours prior between studio and clients. In the circumstances of an emergency Late Cancel, we will first approach the remaining partners to adapt the session type to reflect the head count (private, duet, etc.) If a client is unable to adapt for whatever reason, we will honor the rate at which the session was booked.
- During a client’s introductory period we place great emphasis on learning what their unique goals and needs are in not only training but in scheduling and finance. During this time it is important to inform your teacher of your needs.
Senior Discount – 10% off
UPMC Member Discount – 10% off
Must show UPMC Membership Card at time of purchase.
If you would like to discuss which package suits your needs best, send us an email, give us a call, leave a message or ask on your next visit.
The Pilates Center of Pittsburgh (412) 851-1280.